This has been the kind of week during which I feel constantly on the verge of happy tears, kinda like the last time I went to San Francisco. It’s the kind of week that’s so good I’m not sure I can handle being this happy for this long. Like the dopamine receptors in my brain are actually worn down and going, “Dude, can we just calm down a minute?”
Ellie and I have done a ton of work on our podcast, Write Against the Machine, and I’m really proud of how it’s looking. I’ve been managing the tech side of things with backup from my genius husband while Ellie has whipped the design into shape. Check out them sexy graphics, right? This week, we released Episode 4: Creative Super Friends, Assemble! This episode is all about how to build up your creative circle of friends with people who both support and challenge you.
AND I started teaching online yoga classes. I was mentally prepared for a lot of snags and hangups, but once we got started, it was super easy and fun! If you missed the first one, don’t worry: I’ve added more classes to the schedule already. Right now, online classes are just on Thursday, but I’m considering adding another day. If you want to put in your vote for a particular day or time, let me know in the comments!
Finally, here are the tasty bits from the rest of the internet:
- T-Pain calls out homophobes on Twitter
- Here is some information you really need to know about CISPA.
- If you make me PCB shoes that are actually wearable, I will be ALL OVER IT.
- UN Secretary General says LGBT rights are human rights. Damn right, they are!
- Redbubble on How to Break Out of a Creative Rut.
- Worn Journal takes a supercut from early 90s fashion. This makes me wanna bring back, oh wait … no. I don’t want to bring back any of this fashion, but it’s entertaining at least.
- A Polish news magazine ran a satirical news story about Sarah Palin as real news. I’m concerned about what this says about how the rest of the world perceives America.
- Autostraddle has the best collection of weird and fun crafts. My favorites are the crayon tracings, book necklaces, and infused rum!
- I totally need Adventure Time undies.
- Iggy Pop wrote this gorgeously loving letter to a fan in 1995.
- What do you think of this list of subjects that should be taught in schools? I agree with most of these, but I disagree with the note about waiting till college to study Spanish. Languages really need to start early!
- I found possibly the funniest Vimeo channel ever.
- Kids in Baltimore may have found a solution to the gender-neutral pronoun problem.
- Practicing Yoga While Fat — a remarkable article and important reminder to all yoga teachers
- This guy is like the Arab Ryan Gosling. No kidding.
- Oh, and this playlist from Bryce on WFMU is perfectly exceptional. It makes great writing music, but I had to skip over the horror movie music that starts at 1:22:50.
That’s it for me this week. I hope you’re all well and happy. Take good care of yourselves!