Although it’s been a wicked busy week, I promised myself I would do a TiLT post, so here’s what I am loving right this second.
- The way being busy has taught me more about the value of brevity.
- The way our kitchen looks so amazing.
- Pretty much everything Betty Dodson and Carlin Ross say, ever.
- Bust magazine, and the interview between Rachel Dratch and Amy Poehler — it’s Dratch interviewing Poehler, but the whole piece gives a bit of cool insight on both of them. (You have to buy the magazine for this one, but it’s worth while, I promise!)
- My ongoing search for powerful women. Ok, so this may sound all new-agey and stuff, but lately I’ve been reexamining my ideas about power. I’ve spent a lot of time meditating on “what is power?” and looking for examples of women who are really powerful in their own lives. It’s lead to some amazing realizations about my own goals in life. I’m probably going to write about it soonish, but in the mean time, here’s a snippet: Power isn’t about money, fame or influence. Power is about self-direction and self-validation.
- Thinking about going to Christmas Eve Mass with my family. I probably won’t actually go because I can never really listen to the sermon, and I always want to sing along with the songs (that’s the point, right?) and I’m disappointed every time I remember that no one sings in Catholic church. I like thinking about it, though.
- Sara Von’s ideas for “non-stuff” gifts. Notice that she includes a subscription to Bust magazine among her suggestions. Girl’s got smarts. (hint hint)
- This amazing letter from Gala Darling.
- Being almost completely finished with my Christmas shopping!
- These freakish holiday paintings by Dana Ellyn
RAWR! And that is my TiLT. I knew I could do it. Later, team!