I collected this week’s Saturday Special links in advance, knowing I’d be busy with my folks all weekend, but things got busy and I forgot to post it. Oops! Well, I’ve been having a really nice holiday weekend with my parents, and I hope you’re having a good time, wherever you are. I hope you’re surrounded by people you love who appreciate you. I hope you are safe, happy, and enjoying every moment.
Without further ado, here are my favorite bits from the internet this week:
- Mmmm. I think I just found my new theme song. MC Yogi raps about Hanuman, the eternally devoted friend and servant of Rama and embodiment of Bhakti, the yoga of love.
- Ever wonder what “Om” means? Here’s a nice and simple explanation from The Chopra Center.
- Zen Pencils illustrated Bill Watterson’s advice on creating the life you love. It is perfect and feels like a little affirmation from the universe. (Thanks to Ellie for this link!)
- Trent Reznor. Just yes.
- Have you ever wondered where twerking came from? Well, now you can know.
- Yoga selflies. Have you noticed this trend? I’m pretty uncomfortable with it. What do you think?
- Why Everything is Better with Goths
- Gif. Dance. Party.
- Haters gonna hate. Researchers gonna research.
And if there’s one little bit of wisdom I can share with you today, it would be this: Act with love. Try to see yourself reflected in everyone you meet — your own insecurities, your own little joys. We really are all the same, so act with love.