Good morning, sunshine! The weather has suddenly taken a turn for the cooler here in Maryland, and it’s been nothing but blue skies and crisp air for days now. I don’t know about you, but to me it feels like a gentle wake-up call from the universe — summer won’t last forever, time moves quickly, better wake up and enjoy life while we can!
What are you doing with these last days of summer? As for me, I think I figured out how to write a book that’s been lurking in the shadows for the past two years (!!) so I think I’m going to make my coffee and take my work in progress out for some fresh air.
Meanwhile, here are a few tasty bits of internet for your delectation.
- Write Against the Machine Episode 16: Staying Motivated When Inspiration Wanes — Ellie and I talk about how to work through slumps in inspiration and motivation. Even your favorite projects will have challenges and snags, and you’ll need to be prepared to handle it.
- If you’ve ever taken my online yoga class, please fill out this simple 10-question survey to help me improve it. I’ll soon be adding streaming and possibly video on demand for the classes, and I want to be sure I’m doing the best possible job when that happens!
- I’ve updated my studio teaching schedule, and I’d love to see you in class any time. If you’re in the area, why don’t you drop in some time?
- The world’s oldest living yoga teacher turned 95 this week — this is what I call a beautiful woman.
- Can you be too big for yoga?
- Shit book snobs say — perfect.
- Oh, and BIG NEWS, you guys. Betty Dodson and Carlin Ross have another round of Bodysex workshops coming up in Manhattan this fall. My experience in this workshop was absolutely transformative, and I do recommend it to any woman who is interested. Rumor has it these may be the last of the workshops, so please take this opportunity to meet and learn from the inimitable Betty Dodson. It will change your life.
Ok, babes, go on out into the world and do good things. Set your intention for yourself: What can I give myself today, and what can I give to the world today? It can be as simple as a smile, but do it with all the love in your heart, and the world will be a better place because you are in it.